Different standardized solutions for Automotive Network Security exist. Here are some of the most important standards linked below.
For guidance on which standards to choose, see publications.
Standardized by the IEEE and covering layer 2 and up. Register for free download.
Standardized by the IETF and covering layer 3 and up.
- Security Architecture for the Internet Protocol, IETF, RFC4301, 12/2005.
- IP Authentication Header, IETF, RFC4302, 12/2005.
- IP Encapsulating Security Payload (ESP), IETF, RFC4303, 12/2005.
- Internet Key Exchange Protocol Version 2 (IKEv2), IETF, RFC7296, 10/2014.
Standardized by the IETF and covering layer 4 and up.
Standardized by AUTOSAR and covering the payload of layer 7.
ASA Motion Link
Standardized by the Automotive SerDes Alliance (ASA) and covering the SerDes communication.
- Website, ASA, Motion Link 1.0, 10/2020, members only access.